Old Guildhall Pforzheim
The torso of the Old Guildhall 'Altes Rathaus' built in 1911 survived the inner city WWII destruction. After the war, it was granted monument protection and is today a link between the new and the technical guildhalls. Following the large mass of the previous roof truss, the existing building was extended by two floors. The centrepiece is the rebuilt hall, which acts as a city office. The ribs of the glass barrel deconstruct the sunlight in prismatic colours and remind of the original vaulted arch of the space.